Updated COVID-19 Procedures and Precautions
(click this link to view the latest guidelines for Mass)
Third Sunday of Ordinary Time
January 22 and 23, 2022
It’s a SYNOD - The Diocese and Pope Francis Wants To Hear From You!
What is a Synod?
Yes, you read this headline correctly! Last October, Pope Francis invited all Catholics to share their dreams and hopes … their frustrations and concerns … their experiences and ideas about the future mission of the Church. The process is called a Synod (from a Greek word meaning “assembly” or “meeting”). Rather than rely solely on the wisdom of those who govern God’s Church, Pope Francis is asking all the faithful throughout the world to lend their voices.
When and how may I participate?
Dioceses and parishes world-wide will be involved. In the United States, by April 1 dioceses are expected to submit a summary of local discussions to the US Conference of Catholic Bishops which will then forward their summary to the Vatican. A working document will then be prepared for the world-wide Synod of Bishops in October 2023.
To participate in local Diocesan webinars, you must register at: webapps.rcda.org/ParishFaith Formation. (register early … space is limited) Here are the sessions:
- Jan 25 @ 10 am & 7 pm – “What is the Synod & Why Should I Care? Part 1- A True Season of the Spirit”
- Feb 1 @ 10 am & 7 pm - “What is the Synod & Why Should I Care? Part 2-Walking & Listening Together”
- Feb 8 @ 10 am & 7 pm - “What is the Synod & Why Should I Care? Part 3 - All the Baptized – Co-responsible for Mission
There is an excellent article on this subject in the Jan 13 edition of The Evangelist, our Diocesan newspaper. If you would like to subscribe, please call the parish office number listed in this bulletin. May the Holy Spirit be with all of us who, as church, seek to follow Jesus.
Unable to join us at Church - our Saturday 4 PM Mass is live streamed, on YouTube.com. Go to YouTube and search Christ Our Light Church Loudonville
(Search Christ Our Light Church Loudonville)
Sunday, 10 AM
Tuesday, 9 AM
Updates, changes, and resources can be found on myParishApp on your mobile device by texting App to 88202. It’s FREE.
Click on to Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany website for details http://www.rcda.org/
Children's Worship Bulletins
- Deacon Richard Thiesen, Parish Life Director
- Ann McCauley, Pastoral Associate for Administration
- Laurie Luizzi, Pastoral Associate for Parish Services
- Kari Kurtz, Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation, Youth Ministry and Evangelization
- Shirley Myers, Music Ministry
- Pastoral Care Ministry, (Click for more detail)
01/23/22 9:30 am
Reading I Neh 8:2-4a, 5-6, 8-10
01/22/22 9:30 am
Readings for the Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children
Reading I 2 Sm 1:1-4, 11-12, 19, 23-27Read More
01/21/22 9:30 am
Readings for the Memorial of Saint Agnes, virgin and martyr
Reading I 1 Sm 24:3-21Read More